17th Hole - Ground Under Repair (GUR)
If your ball is lying in GUR on the 17th hole, you must take relief.
Relief for a ball lying in GUR on the Green is nearest point of relief and on the green not nearer the hole
Relief for a ball lying in ANY other area marked GUR around the green is to the nearest Dropping Zone (There are 2 dropping zones)
Out of Bounds
1. On or over any part of course boundary. Fence supports on 3rd and fence on 6th form part of course boundary.
2. In or over cutting/white stakes to the left of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 12th, 16th and 18th fairways.
3. The clubhouse enclosure and carpark.
4. On right of way through the glen – 7th and 11th holes.
5. On or over fence on left of 13th fairway.
Internal Out of Bounds
1. When playing the 4th hole in or over cutting between 4th and 5th fairways. When playing 5th hole the cutting is G.U.R.
2. When playing the 10th hole, the 18th is out of bounds – white posts denote boundary
3. When playing the 11th hole, on or over the machinery roadway to the left of the hole is out of bounds – white posts denote the boundary.
Movable Obstructions - Stones in bunkers and rakes – Rule 24-1 applies.
Immovable Obstructions (Rule 24-2)
1. All roads and pathways
2. Fixed distance marker stakes
3. fences guarding right of way in glen.
4. Upright stone in semi-rough on right hand side of 10th hole.
5. Protection fences at the 3rd, 10th and 16th tee boxes.
6. Fixed sprinkler heads, hydrant, manhole and drain covers, bins, seats, ball cleaners, bell supports, staked trees, fixed yardage discs, granite tee markers and direction posts
7. Winter tee boxes, including timber surrounds.Relief may be taken – lift and drop within 1 club length of nearest point of relief not nearer the hole.
Ground under repair – all areas marked GUR or ringed by white line.
A ball lying on a putting green other than the one being played must be lifted and dropped to the nearest point of relief not nearer the hole.
Measuring devices that measure distance ONLY are permitted.
Players are requested to leave rakes in the centre of bunkers.
The use of any club other than a putter on the greens is prohibited.
Artificial Hole covers on the putting surface
If a ball lies on the green and an artificial hole cover intervenes on the line of play between the ball and the hole – Relief may be obtained without penalty, by lifting and placing the ball at the nearest point of relief not nearer the hole
Additional Rules – please see notice board.